So you wanna find the best bitcoin VPN services that accept cryptocurrencies?
Being able to purchase a VPN using Bitcoin is amazing, it not only is easier and faster to do but also can offer incredible privacy benefits. However, if you want to get a VPN with cryptocurrencies, you are required to use a VPN provider that accepts crypto payments.
Why you need VPN for cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are becoming socially more accepted payment methods every day, they have a great value in peer to peer transactions as well as storing value and freeing people from censorship-resistant oppressive governments. Here are some main benefits of having a VPN service.
- Privacy and protection against hackers – Since the beginning of the internet, there have always been hackers prying innocent people online. However, after the inception of Bitcoin, cyberterrorism, and attacks multiplied. A VPN is the ultimate solution to securing your computer, this is because it encrypts and tunnels all send and received data. Whether you are using a public wifi hotspot or private connection, good VPN guarantees no hackers can disrupt your peace.
- Surfing the internet without borders – With a proper VPN you are not geo-restricted by any means, this is one of the greatest freedoms among the internet users, a VPN cannot be restricted by location because it tunnels the data through server around the world. You will be able to connect at specific countries’ websites from whole other locations. For example, Bitmex & Deribit are both restricted for US customers, however, with VPN, anyone can bypass this.
A quick look on best practices when buying VPN
- Choose an anonymous VPN provider that accepts cryptocurrency payments.
- Use anonymous nonpersonal encrypted email, give as little personal info as possible.
- Pay using cryptocurrencies, for best privacy habits, anonymize your bitcoins first.
- Download and install the VPN, best practice is to route all traffic through the router.
- And that’s it! You are now ready to browse the internet more privately, and securely.
Find the best VPNs that accept Bitcoin
Here you can take a quick look at the best Bitcoin VPN providers with our additional commentary.
- AirVPN – Based on OpenVPN | Operated by activists and hacktivists.
- TorGuard – Feature-rich | 3000+ servers | 8 simultaneous connections.
- PureVPN – Leader in locations & jurisdictions | Servers in over 140 countries.
- ExpressVPN – Easy to use | Speed optimized | Industry most trusted provider.
- NordVPN – Popular choice | Largest network | 5500+ server, and 58 countries.
- SurfShark – New award-winning | Easy to use | Lowest cost VPN service provider.
- BitVPN – Bitcoin optimized VPN service | Anonymous & No registration is required.
- Private Internet Access – Easy for beginners | Up to 10 simultaneous connections.
AirVPN is one of the most advanced and unique opensource VPN available today. This project is fully operated by activists and hacktivists in defense for net neutrality, privacy, and censorship-resistant future.
AirVPN supports also other privacy and internet freedom related projects by either directly funding or helping, and such projects are: Ipleak, Wikileaks, Tor, Mastodon, and many others.
Because of the opensource nature, this platform might have certain limitations and not be optimal for most beginners, however, for advanced users, it certainly provides one of the most advanced, and lowest-cost price plan options available in the market today.
The pricing plans can start as low as three days for 2€ and can go all the way up to three years for 99€ with monthly pricing setting at (2.75 €/m).
- Account required / Anonymous.
- 5 simultaneous connections per account.
- OpenVPN protocol has many servers available.
- No monitoring and no logging of your online activities.
TorGuard is one of the fastest and most feature-rich anonymous VPN service providers around. This VPN is well designed for torrenting but also offers all the basic features for average users such as unlimited speeds, bandwidths, kill switches, P2P filesharing and up to 8 simultaneous connections.
However, where TorGuard truly shines is that it offers services such as stealth proxies, that hide the VPN usage even from sites that normally would otherwise detect and block the usage of VPN services. And this can be an extremely useful feature for certain Crypto platforms.
Pricing starts from $4.99/month billed $59 99 annually.
- Account creation during the checkout / Anonymous.
- 7 days money back, no questions asked.
- x8 simultaneous connections allowed.
- 3000+ servers in 50+ Countries.
- No Logs Kept, 100% Private.
PureVPN is one of the industry leaders when it comes to jurisdictions. This provider has servers in over 140 countries and is amongst the few that are located outside of 5 eyes, 9 eyes and 14 eyes jurisdictions. Users can also purchase a VPN using Bitcoin and without the need to register during the payment process. Instead, all that is needed is an email address, which will then receive all the important information.
PureVPN has all the killer features that are required from a reliable VPN provider, such as internet kill switch, split tunneling, 5 multi logins, and P2P file sharing.
$3.33/mo On 2-Year Plan.
- No registration required / Anonymous.
- 31-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- 5 Multi Logins on a variety of devices.
- 180+ Locations 2000+ servers.
- no log certified.
ExpressVPN service is packed with all the great features you’d want from one of the world’s most trusted VPN providers. The Service is designed to be super simple to use and extremely beginner-friendly. ExpressVPN can be used simultaneously on 5 connections and is automatically supporting multiple different devices.
The platform is fast to use, has the basic features, and some of the more advanced ones such as network kill switch, split tunneling, and totally unique TrustedServer which keeps sure no data is ever written on hard drives, but instead the servers run on ram, and is automatically wiped and reinstalled on every boot.
$6.67 per month – $99.95 first 15 months and 12 months thereafter.
- Anonymous / No registration.
- 30 days risk-free.
- Use 5 devices simultaneously.
- Ultra-fast servers in 94 countries.
- No activity logs & no connection logs.
NordVPN is one of the industry’s most used and popular VPN provider, with over 5500 servers across 59 countries it is arguably one of the fastest VPN experiences you can get. The platform is available on all devices, accepts Bitcoin, and offers all the basic features such as kill switches, and no-logging policies.
NordVPN also provides some more unique custom features such as double encryption VPN services and one-click Tor over VPN switch that itself is super beneficial alone in the cryptocurrency space, basically you can kill two birds at once.
Pricing starts from $3.49 / month – billed every 3 years.
- Anonymous / Account needed.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect 6 devices at the same time.
- Access 5,472 servers worldwide.
- No logs policy.
Surfshark is one of the newest award-winning all in one low-cost Bitcoin VPN service provider. The platform offers all the best well-known features with super low costs compared to other providers within the industry. Some of these features include killing switches, MultiHopping and Camouflage Mode, which makes it impossible for even your internet provider to know that you are using a VPN.
$1.99 a month – Billed every 24 months
- Anonymous / No account required.
- Refundable for 30 days.
- Unlimited devices.
- 1040+ servers in 61+ countries.
- No logs policy.
BitVPN is Bitcoin optimized and focused VPN provider. The platform lets anyone purchase VPN totally anonymously using Bitcoin as a payment method, and without the need to register.
The BitVPN platform offers probably one of the easiest and fastest ways to get started for all Bitcoiners out there looking for a VPN service provider, this is because not even registration is needed, and instead all you are required is to provide a working email address, to which you will then receive all the necessary information.
BitVPN doesn’t have the most servers but has user-friendly apps for all devices, straightforward no registration process and all the main features such as kill switch, and P2P file sharing.
$4.16/month Billed $49.95 annually.
- No signup required during the buying process.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- 3 simultaneous connections & devices.
- 100+ VPN servers in 42+ countries.
- Zero traffic logs.
Private internet access is an affordable Virtual Private Network(VPN) for which you can register, purchase and access anonymously using Bitcoin.
This platform provides good speeds through the networks, no leaks, it is user-friendly, and has an extensive amount of tools and services for the price and is a great choice for beginners.
$3.33/month. $39.95 per year
- Anonymous VPN / Account created during payment.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- 10 devices simultaneously.
- 3267 + Servers in 29 Countries.
- No traffic logs.
Choosing the right VPN for cryptocurrencies in most cases comes down to personal choice and preferences. Afterall VPN is just a protection tool and doesn’t guarantee anonymity nor it should do so. The most important thing to consider when using a VPN is not about which VPN to choose, but how you use it, and what type of way you behave on the internet.
That being said, every VPN is a great tool against hackers, and it’s important to make sure your purchase will be worth your coins and this is why we suggest taking advance of the money-back guarantee services that most VPN service providers listed here have.
To learn more about crypto security & privacy, read our guides: